Our Practice Areas
When it comes to the legal world, there are many different areas of practice. Some attorneys aim to cover a variety of practice areas in an effort to obtain more clients, but here at Buche & Associates, we believe that this is not in the client’s best interest. When an attorney practices in multiple areas, they may lack the specific experience in a particular area that would enable them to represent their client as successfully as possible. Instead, we focus our services in two primary areas: business and personal injury. Here’s an overview of the various areas in which we assist our San Diego clients.
Legal Services for Businesses
When you run a business in San Diego, it is important to have legal counsel you can count on in your time of need. We can help your business in the following legal areas:
- Patents – Obtaining patents for your products can be challenging, and an experienced attorney can help the process move forward more quickly.
- Trademarks – Trademarks protect your company’s logo, slogan and other marketing tools from being used to promote other businesses or to convince unsuspecting customers that another business is an affiliate of yours.
- Litigation – If you have a case that can’t be settled out of court, a litigation attorney will argue your case in front of a judge, battling against the other party’s lawyer.
- Business Law – Business law is a broad category that encompasses a wide range of legal activities in which businesses might engage, including the others listed here.
- Intellectual Property – Intellectual property law prevents others from stealing your ideas and marketing them as their own.
- Legal Malpractice – If your company has run into complications with previous legal counsel not adequately fulfilling their duties or engaging in illegal or unethical activities, you may be eligible to file a malpractice claim.
- Contract Law – Contracts are a common aspect of business, and you need legal counsel to ensure everything is fair, accurate and free of potential loopholes.
- Copyrights – Similar to trademarks and patents, copyrights protect your organization’s written work, including your company website, marketing materials, educational brochures and more. Copyrights can also include images, diagrams, photos and similar items.
- Domain Name Protection and Cybersquatting – Your corporate website is important to your business, and you don’t want other organizations profiting off your company’s success. This area of law can protect you against others using similar domain names or refusing to let go of an unused domain with your company’s name.
- Patent Infringement – Patents protect your business in the event that another company attempts to make counterfeit or knock-off versions of your products, known as patent infringement.
- Music and Entertainment Law – Musicians, actors and other performers can copyright their work, but they may need legal assistance to prevent others from profiting from their likenesses or works without their consent.
- Professional Sports and Athletes – Athletes often need assistance in negotiating contracts and protecting their likenesses, just as other performers do.
- Local Counsel – Having an attorney with experience in your local area can be invaluable. While we are all bound by federal law, states, counties and cities all have local regulations for businesses.
Contact Buche & Associates Today
If you need assistance in any of these areas, we welcome you to get in touch with our firm for a free consultation. We’ll be happy to sit down with you to discuss your case and determine whether legal action is appropriate. Our legal team will be right there with you every step of the way, and you can count on us for sound, personalized legal advice. Call us today at 858-459-9111 to schedule your free consultation with an attorney from our team.
What our Clients have to say...
John and his team have been fantastic to work with. They are always responsive, professional and very knowledgeable. Highly recommended.Mark Leone2/09/2018
I spoke with John and two of his attorneys about a the potential for patenting a bicycle braking apparatus. He was very knowledgeable and generous with his and his teams time. It turned out that the apparatus was not patentable but had it been we would have strongly considered Buche & Associates.MB S3/07/2014
John and the associates at his firm have done some fantastic trademark and other intellectual property work for my business startup. His legal advice has been invaluable and I can't recommend his services enough.Jim B4/01/2014