Our Practice Areas
At Buche & Associates, P.C., we practice in the following legal areas:
- Patents – Obtaining patents to protect ideas on products and services.
- Trademarks – Trademarks protect brands, which can be a word, logo, slogan or type of product shape or packaging used by consumers to identify the producer of goods and services.
- Litigation – Our attorneys handle civil litigation at pre-trial, trial and appellate levels. We are experienced with jury trials, bench trials, arbitrations, and mediations. We also have experience litigating cancellation and opposition proceedings at the Trademark Office, and patent related proceedings at the Patent Trial & Appeal Board (“PTAB”).
- Business Law – We provide business advice relating to business formations, entity selection, contracts, licensing, asset purchases, mergers, and a variety of other services that come up in the course of operating or starting a business.
- Intellectual Property – We have vast experience handling intellectual property matters, which include patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secret matters. We handle acquiring of those IP assets, licensing and sales of those assets, and litigation involving intellectual property matters.
- Legal Malpractice – We handle matters where attorneys committed malpractice.
- Contract Law – We handle a variety of matters involving contracts. We write contracts, evaluate contracts, and make sure they meet your business objectives.
- Copyrights – As a subset of our intellectual property practice, we handle copyright matters. Copyright law protects original works that are in a tangible medium, such as written works, websites, graphic designs, marketing materials, sculpture, films, and various forms of music. Copyrights can also include images, diagrams, software code, photos and similar items. We handle copyright licensing, acquisition, sales and litigation. We also handle copyright matters that involve counterfeits.
- Domain Name Protection and Cybersquatting – We practice in the realm of protecting your online presence. This includes a wide range of topics, but we commonly handle matters of cybersquatting, defamation, social media disputes, online stores, and domain name disputes.
- Patent Infringement – We handle matters of patent infringement for both plaintiffs and defendants. We have experience handling patent infringement matters in multiple jurisdictions across the United States. This includes litigation in federal court and before the Patent Trial & Appeal Board (“PTAB”). We handle inter partes reviews, ex parte reexaminations, post grant review at the PTAB.
- Music and Entertainment Law – We handle matters involving music and entertainment law.
- Professional Sports and Athletes – We handle legal matters pertinent to professional athletes. Specifically, we handle matters of injuries and disability of athletes, and assisting professional athletes with advice on business ventures, and litigation against those who attempt to take financial advantage of professional athletes.
- Local Counsel – We serve as local counsel to attorneys who need assistance in the courts of California and Texas. We have offices in San Diego, Los Angeles, and Houston.
If you need assistance in any of these areas, we welcome you to get in touch with our firm for a free consultation. We’ll be happy to meet with you to discuss your matter and determine if our firm is a good fit. You can contact us here for a free initial consultation.